1. He as a character is annoying. I mean, if some random guy with a weird mustache suddenly popped up behind you and started singing about insurance when you were just minding your own business sitting in a cafe or something? You'd be at the very very least a little freaked out and annoyed, wouldn't you? Can these people honestly that's a normal, effective, realistic advert?
2. His moustache. I'm not joking- I mean, in general I think moustaches are awesome; Movember and all that- but his moustache is annoying. It's a weird shape, like a caricature of a guy with a moustache, or like how little kids draw moustaches. When he sings it sort of bounces up and down. It's beyond annoying.
3. It's an advert (well done, Ally the Obvious). In general I dislike adverts (although there are some adverts that I love cause they're awesome- compare the meerkat and the little EDF energy thing come to mind). It's interrupting your TV watching to tell you about insurance that you don't need because you're a teenager, and that's mean. You dislike adverts anyway, but you tolerate them, and then THIS one comes on and you feel like kicking the TV. It's like the boss people at Go Compare are deliberately trying to wind you up.
4. My little brother used to go around the house singing "GO COMPARE!! GO COMPARE..." yada yada yada. You all know the adverts, I don't need to type the whole song (if you own a TV and don't know the adverts you are a lucky person). Anyway, my brother doesn't do this anymore (thank goodness) but I used to have to deal with two Gio Comparios- the guy on the TV and my little brother. The Go-Compare-ness is contagious. Be warned.
5. He will be around forever. In the new adverts, he's always being injured or murdered or kidnapped. 'Saving the Nation' they call it. I call it 'Prolonging the Torture'. I mean, if they really wanted to save the nation they'd stop putting him in the adverts. But no, they just keep killing or maiming him and then there's a new advert and he's alive only for them to kill him again and again and again... HE WILL NEVER LEAVE!!! D:
6. The songs and adverts are, in general, annoying. I don't really need to say any more on this point.
So, do you agree? Do you love or hate the Go Compare man? Comment! I want to hear your opinion on the adverts and my blog post. Like Iris and CM said, you don't have to leave your email if you don't want to, you don't have to be a member of anything and if you want, you can make up a name.
This ends my Internet rant.
PS: My friend Vince says that she doesn't have an opinion on the Go Compare man. Yep, that's exactly what she said- she "doesn't have an opinion on the Go Compare man".
We were talking about him in English (not just us, the whole class) and that's what she said when the rest of us were either going "I hate him! I detest him!" (lots of synonyms cause it was an English lesson) or "I love him! His mustache is cool!". The sane people were saying the first thing, needless to say. Anyway Vince, there is the Internet Rant I promised :)